Sunday, October 23, 2011

How Would Your Class (or you) Solve This?

I presented this to a 5th grade class last week.  It's on their class blog.  I can't wait to see how they'll solve it.  The teacher and I had to work on it awhile before we got matching answers.  The kids loved that it was real life and love working on a blog.  I'll let you know how it goes!  


I'm trying to keep track of how far I walk every day but I forgot to wear my pedometer on my trip last week.  I could use your help to figure this one out.  At the Denver Airport, I landed at gate B11 and walked to gate B43.  Then they changed the gate to B29.  I counted and I take 39 steps to get from one gate to another.  But there's more information you need to figure in.



All the odd gates are on one side and the even gates are the other side.  
Between gate B29 and B31 is a shopping plaza that measures 52 steps.  
Between gate B35 and B37 is a food court that measures 173 steps.


Is there any other information you need to know?


No comments: