Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Singapore Math--Extending a Problem

This was a comment on another post...I just wish I had the original problem!

Today I posted some of the part/whole problems around the classroom for student pairs to go around and make models/solve. I had one kid that needed more of a challenge, so I asked him to write more problems... Here are his two problems: Joe bought 26 chairs. They each cost $7.25. How much money did he have to pay? 








 Logan made 64 chairs. He needs 6 wood planks to make 2 chairs. How many planks does he need to make 64 chairs?




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ricky, we're a group of software developers from Singapore. Recently we released a software that aids in the teaching and learning of the model method to solve primary math word problems. We call it Ultimath Whiteboard and you can check it out at http://ultimath.com.

If you like, we could provide a demo account for you to test our system as well as provide us with some feedback. We await your favorable reply!

gottschalk said...

Thank you! I didn't know (or remember) how to use ellipses in drawing the number problems. This was helpful!